Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Give Thanks


O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever. Ps 30:12 (NIV) I must admit that Thanksgiving is my all time favorite holiday. I love Christmas, but there is just something so special about Thanksgiving. It's a wonderful time to fellowship with family, whether your biological family, family by marriage or your church family. Thanksgiving is the perfect time to reflect on your past year and all the blessings you have to be thankful for. Even if you have had some hard times this year, think of all the wonderful things you have to be thankful for. I'm so thankful for my husband, my family, my health, my friends, that I live in America, my home, my pets, and the list goes on and on. You can even be thankful for the sunrise, sunset or the spectacular Fall foliage, your ability to read, technology etc. There is always something to be thankful for, if we just stop to take a moment to do so. Even in difficult times we should still be thankful. God is a supreme God and will continue to bless his own. The psalmist David experienced some very difficult times after his affair with Bathsheba and the death of their son, but he still gave thanks. In Ps 30:11-12 David wrote You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.(NIV) The most important thing to be thankful for is the amazing gift of God's Son. Without His sacrifice we are nothing and have nothing to be thankful for. Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! 2 Cor 9:15 (NIV) So I urge you as we begin our hectic holiday season, take some time to meet with our God and truly celebrate Thanksgiving for all your many blessings. Until next time, be blessed and Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just wishing you and your family a lovely Thanksgiving.