Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Welcome

I have been thinking about having an inspirational blog for sometime. Thanks for stopping by and come back again. I pray that God will lead me to the exact words you and I need to hear.

Now on to today's thoughts.

Lately, a good friend of mine, has had tragedy strike more than once. Both of her young adult girls have lost friends to unexpected death. Of course the first question is "Why?" It seems so unfair. They were both in the prime of life doing what young people do. Living life to the fullest, looking forward to the future. Again, "Why? I just don't understand." Then like most of us we begin to feel guilty for boldly questioning God. As a parent we hate it when we tell our children to do something and they respond with "Why?" I wonder if God gets tired of all our "Whys?" There are many instances in the Bible when the question of Why? is posed. In Exodus 5:22, Moses asks "Why?" Then in Judges 21 again, "Why has this happened?" David asked God "Why?" in Psalms 10 and again in Psalms 43. Finally, even Christ questioned God in Matthew 27:46 "My God, my God why have you forsaken me?" So we can learn from history that it is not wrong to ask God "Why?" We are offered that privilege through Jesus Christ, but I think we need to reflect, study and pray to receive His answer, not just dwelling on the why. We may not get the answer we expect, but God always answers our prayers. You can be assured of that. So even when things go wrong, whether it's an unexpected death, financial problems, marital problems, problems with your family or children remember to seek out God and rest in his promise ". . . that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God . . . Romans 8:38-39 Until next time, may you be covered in His grace.

2 comments:

Tina said...

HOLY CRAP! I love it!
Will you do me one???
LOVE IT!!

Cheryl said...

Wow! That is so good! Thank you! I will look up those verses and read them also. Keep up God's word!